• Nursery Care: Is offered from 9:45 until 11:45 each Sunday, for children ages birth to pre-K. Parents are asked to sign their children in and out of the Nursery each Sunday. If a parent wishes to participate in adult education on a particular week, please speak with the nursery staff in advance to arrange care for your child until 12:15.
• Activity Bags: Are available every Sunday in the atrium for the use of our children ages pre-k to grade 6. These bags contain a variety of quiet, age appropriate items for exploration and creativity during worship. On occasional Sundays we will not offer the Young Disciple Gathering and the bags are helpful for our younger disciples.
• Time With Young Disciples: Participants, ages birth to adult, are invited to gather in the sanctuary during worship for a brief lesson that generally speaks to one of the lectionary readings or the sermon topic.
• Young Disciple Gathering: Participants ages birth to grade 5, leave the sanctuary after the Time with Young Disciples.
Children ages birth to pre-K will go the nursery for a snack, and play time. Children in the nursery are welcome to stay in the nursery until the end of worship. If parents would like their younger children in worship they are free to get them at the end of the sermon, and of course at any point when your child needs you.
Children in grades K-5 will meet with the week’s adult guides, who will lead them to one of our newly renovated “Lab” spaces. Children and guides will explore their Faith development together for 20 minutes; roughly the time the congregation is hearing the sermon in worship. At the end of 20 minutes the guides will return the children to the sanctuary to participate in the end portion of worship. Guides will make every effort to return children to worship during a natural break point.
• 11-11:15 AM - Faithful Gathering: Following worship everyone is invited to join in the atrium for coffee, lemonade, treats, conversation and the warmth of family fellowship. Nursery care continues to be available, but your church family loves to meet and greet all of its members, especially our youngest disciples.
• 11:15-11:45 AM - Children’s Faith Circle: We will be using a one room school house curriculum this year so all children, kindergarten to grade 5, are invited to share in multi-age exploration of faith each Sunday morning from 11:15 to 11:45. Children will work in one of our “Lab” spaces during this time. The lesson will expand on the work completed during the Young Disciples Gathering. If a child did not participate in the Young Disciple Gathering, no worries, the lesson during Faith Circle will still make perfect sense.